In short: help make the world a better place. ;-)
Surfr is a platform where praise and criticism are among the main topics. That's why it's especially important
to play nice. Criticism is encouraged, however, it must be to the point, never personal or "below the belt".
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any natural or legal person.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use Surfr as a platform for advertising your products or services.
2. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on Surfr that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on Surfr if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Surfr.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Use Policy to make important
disclosures about how and what information we collect from you.
4 Sharing your Content
You own all of the content and information you post on Surfr, such as comments.
You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any
content that you publicly post on Surfr, such as comments. This specifically excludes non-public
information such as private notes and your email address.
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Surfr, and you understand that we may use them
without any obligation to compensate you for them.
We do our best to keep Surfr safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Surfr safe, which
includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Surfr.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or mass-post content, or otherwise access Surfr, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not use Surfr to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Surfr, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Surfr functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
6. Registration and Account Security
Surfr asks for your personal email address. Other than that, no personal information such as your real name
is asked. Surfr also asks you to choose a password.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use another person's name in your username or display name to pretent to be someone else.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone.
- If you select a username for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Surfr exclusively in a state or federal court located in Cluj county, Romania.
The laws of the State of Cluj will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Cluj, Romania for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Surfr, you will indemnify and hold us
harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to
such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Surfr and are not
responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Surfr. We are not responsible for any offensive,
inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Surfr. We are not
responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Surfr.
- WE TRY TO KEEP SURFR UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING SURFR AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT SURFR WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT SURFR WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION
WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. SURFR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD
PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN,
ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT
OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR SURFR, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE
LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR SURFR WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE
PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, SURFR'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.